Register for Clones Lace - Summer Headscarf
Regular price $120.00
Please make sure you have submitted your info via our form before you purchase this workshop.
Instructor: Máire Treanor
Course Description: This class is for continuing Clones Lace students. The first three classes will begin with leaf motifs translated from Mme. Hardouin by Laura Czegledi. Add these motifs to flowers, scrolls, shamrocks or figures that you have already made to create a headscarf.
The last three classes will require a second camera, in order to show Máire your work and receive input. In the first of these classes, we will all bring our motifs and work on a layout, then we will have one week to baste everything down. On July 18th we will get individualized feedback from Maire about how to strategically approach our filling. We will then have one month to work on the filling before returning for more feedback and guidance on August 22nd.
- Week 1: May 16 – 19 La Feuille de Cytise (Laburnum leaf)
- Week 2: May 30 – 24 La Fougère Légère (Light Fern)
- Week 3: June13 – 45 Feuille de Chêne avec Glands (Oak Leaf with Acorns)
- Week 4: July 11 – Bring template and motifs and work on layout
- Week 5: July 18 – Bring basted motifs and work on filling strategy
- Week 6: August 22 – Bring work in progress for more input
Prerequisite: Prior classes with Máire Treanor in Clones Lace
Dates: 6 Tuesdays – May 16, 30; June 13; July 11, 18; August 22, 2023
Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm Pacific
Students Must Provide: 6-cord thread such as Lizbeth or DMC in sizes (20 motifs/40 filling OR 40 motifs/80 filling), crochet hook, fabric for template, sewing thread, needle, basting pins, scissors. The headscarf template will be emailed after registration.
Second Camera: Required for last three classes. Practice is available.